Saturday, January 9, 2010

fireplaces

I've almost been in our lovely nations capital for a week and have greatly enjoyed myself.
However, there have been a few wardrobe malfunctions in this new climate.

As a Floridian, I own a lot of skirts and dresses and the most logical way to make these East Coast winter is to wear a few layers of tights and leggings underneath.

Alas, my bag that I brought to this lovely city with me, is an over the shoulder bag. You know the kind that rests over your tush.

So one day I decided to wear a dress and as I was walking to the metro from my house, I realize that the entire back has ridden up underneath my bag.

Oh, well. I hold it down.

It happens again at least 2 more times that day.

The day before I got toilet paper stuck to my boots.

Yes, I am that kind of girl.

Yesterday, I wore a skirt. A pretty flowy skirt, bad bad call in the snow/ wind. Alas, my business was cold. I do not think that god, or whatever creator, higher power did not intend for said area to be chilled.

Did I mention that I have finally discovered the purpose of a fire place? Its pretty sweet. So it turns out, that when its cold, you turn it on (well a gas one) and it makes you warm. Who knew?

So this internship business. oy.
Who knew clerical work could be so titillating?
The man in charge of the particular NGO I am working for is a former ambassador, and thus can only be referred to as "Ambassador."

He discusses some fundraising project.

My fellow intern suggests a bake sale. Seriously? A bake sale.
FTW.


No comments:

Post a Comment